Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Cut Above - Embossing with wafer dies

My first attempt at embossing with wafer dies was not too successful, but I think I fixed it up enough to call it good enough. I had to run my card through the Big Shot so many times adding shim after shim because I couldn't get the outside of the shape to emboss clearly. Then the inside started to cut through my card stock so I stopped trying. I had my die positioned with masking tape so it would stay where I wanted it and then when I went to remove the tape it tore my card. So I turned the card inside out and now I have an embossed frame shape rather than the debossed look I was going for. I ended up using a stylus to clean up that outer edge and make the shape show up a bit more. And one more thing that went wrong - my shim shifted and left a mark across the bottom of the card about 1/4" up so I used my Simply Scored board and created a 1/4" border around the whole card. I even messed up the stamping! This was one big learning experience! The butterfly is a Stampin' Up! digital image from the Wonderful Wings digital stamp set and I colored it with Copics. I just realized that I forgot to draw in the antenna. Oh well...

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful and worth the effort, Cassie! I don't know what tape you're using but try washi tape or masking tape.