Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year and Echo Park - For the Record 2

Happy New Year!   I normally don't make resolutions, but for 2012 I had a couple of goals I set for myself and I actually reached them.  I wanted to start reading for one.  I set a goal of 12 books for the year (a lot for me who maybe read one per year if I was lucky).   In the past I always thought I'd rather be crafting than reading, but I realized that I spent a lot of time in the evenings watching tv so I thought I could use that time reading instead.  Guess what?  I didn't dip into my craft time and I ended the year on my 36th book!  I have to thank my friends who started a book club for part of this.   My second goal was to start submitting my work to magazines.  I always said I wanted to submit, but never did.  So I gave it a try and got my first card picked up by Paper Crafts Magazine.  I was in shock when the email came.   I think I read it like 5 times to make sure it was really true.  I submitted to a couple other magazines since and have 5 more cards coming up in various publications.  This is like a dream come true.  This years goals are to continue reading and submitting and I would love to start Project Life.   What are your goals or resolutions?

on to my first card posted for 2013....

Today I'm sharing a card I made with Echo Park's For the Record 2 collection.  This card came together fairly quickly because I was able to create a feature element by simply cutting out one of the doilies from the Scattered Doilies sheet and popped it up with some dimensional adhesive.  These doilies are perfect for card features because they already have flowers in the center.   I also used both sides of the Green Lace sheet.  I stamped my sentiment on a scrap I had left from cutting the green lace, but on the beige side.







1 comment:

Karen B. said...

Congratulations on reaching your goals! One of mine this year is to get published in more magazines. Hoping I can achieve it! Your card is amazing. I love the mint and chocolate colors together.