Friday, July 5, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #21

Hi everyone.  I have another 10 Minute Craft Dash card to share.  My term on the Design Team has ended, but I love the challenges so much I'm entering as a participant!  This one doesn't have a color theme, but does have the "stars" theme in honor of Independence Day.




I was dying to use my new Stampin' Up! background stamp that I just got in the mail so that was a must use item for this card.   I also used white embossing powder and assorted istress Inks to create the background panel.  This emboss resist technique was probably not the best technique to do for a 10 minute challenge because I ended up having to cut the panel down while it was still kind of damp, even though I did dry it a bit with my heat tool, and the paper started to tear.  Oh well - live and learn.

So here's my card and I just made it with a time of 9 minutes 58.5 seconds.



7 comments:

Linda E said...

Beautiful card! I did a stamp resist -- albeit a simpler version -- on my card too! Definitely a challenge for a 1- minute card. Your results are fabulous!

Andrea Garland said...

Oh my! you did a wonderful job Cassie, your card looks so gorgeous with that background.

Thanks for playing in the 10 minute Craft Dash Challenge.

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS card Cassie - LOVE it :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Cassie! I love it!
Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Becky said...

You are so talented! This is fabulous! Looking forward to creating with you on The Memory Nest DT. :)

janelle said...

Cool background & great card all around!

Margo Dill said...

You are very talented. I'm glad I clicked over to see what you do! :)